Summer ‘17 at The Study Room
Over the 11-week summer holiday, The Study Room will be offering a variety of courses and programs, running three different camps and offering children Summer resources to combat the “Summer Slide”.
The STUDY ROOM camps and What to expect:
- “School’s Out” fun and engaging themed summer camp. Children will enjoy experimenting, acting, building, crafting and designing within each weekly theme.
Camp dates: June 25th – June 29th and July 2nd to July 6th
- A “Balanced” Summer Camp that will include Health & Fitness, TSR educational activities, Art & Craft and Games.
Camp dates: July 23rd – July 27th and July 30th – August 3rd
- “Back 2 School” Summer Camp is an educational camp that includes daily Reading, Writing and Math workshops.
Summer Camp dates: August 20th – August 24th, August 27th – August 31st, September 3rd – September 7th
- All summer camps run Sunday-Thursday from 9:00 – 14:00 for children aged 4-12
- Children will be grouped into three groups; Mini’s (4-6), Juniors (7-9) and Seniors (10-12) and activities will be planned according to each age group
- The summer camp is run by qualified teachers who are enthusiastic, energized and looking forward to a great summer at The Study Room
- The Study Room has a maximum enrollment of 21 children per day
- Maximum of 7 children to 1 teacher
- The cost of each of the summer camps is 300 Dhs per day or 1,400 Dhs per week
- Parents may choose the number of days/weeks that they enroll their child
- There is a 10% discount for the following: Current TSR student discount, Sibling discount and Bring a friend discount
- Timings are Sun-Thurs 9:00 – 14:00
- There is an option of early drop off at 8:15amand late pick at 15:00.
- The Study Room will provide a lunch. Children should bring their water bottle and a snack.
Look at what our parents said about Summer Camp 2016:
“I just cannot tell you how captivated my kids were about their experiences yesterday. They must have had an incredible day because they have not stopped talking about their time at The Study Room, what they did and all their activities. They had the best day ever and have been overly excited about the next theme, playing guessing games as to what it could be. Your place and content is amazing and I am so thrilled for my kids to have this opportunity with you.”
– Tammy Petersen
“WOW, the days at The Study Room seem to be packed with such interesting elements, while combining the key learning skills of Maths, Reading and Writing. The activities are well thought out and executed. Thanks to The Study Room, Joshua will have some interesting facts and experiences to take back to school with him after the holidays.”
– Karolyn Van Wyk
The STUDY ROOM programs and What to expect:
The STUDY ROOM will run 1 hour sessions in Math, Reading and Writing using our Numicon and Rainbow Reading programs. There are a maximum of four students per group. Lessons will run during camp days, Sunday – Thursday 14:00 – 18:00 and 9:00 – 18:00 outside of camp days. The cost is 200 Dhs per session.
Lesson dates: June 25th – September 7th
Look at what parents are saying about our programs:
“What a difference The Study Room has made to my daughter. She has always struggled with mathematics, but now after one term, she is so much more confident and approaches Math with a clear head and without panicking. This has allowed for conceptual understanding and greater success. I would highly recommend The Study Room to any parent who feels their child requires tutoring assistance.”
– Frances and Peter Roche
The STUDY ROOM English Language Learning course and What to expect:
This is a new KHDA approved course offered by The STUDY ROOM. All students wanting to participate in this course will first need to be assessed in terms of English Language proficiency. Students will be grouped in the following way: Age 9-14 Upper and lower English proficiency ability groups and Age 14 – Adult Upper and lower English proficiency ability groups.
This is an intense two or three week course where students will participate in two hours daily English Language Learning Sun-Thurs for 20-30 hours. Students have the option of applying for a KHDA approved certificate for this course. Timings will be between 15:00 – 19:00.
The cost of the course is 3,000 Dhs for a two week course or 4,500 Dhs for a three-week course. This course requires a minimum registration of 6 students.
Course 1 dates: June 25th – June 29th, July 2nd to July 6th and July 9th – July 13th
Course 2 dates: July 30th – August 3rd, August 6th – August 10th, August 13th – August 17th
Course 3 dates: August 20th – August 24th, August 27th – August 31st, September 3rd – September 7th
(For each course, students are required to register for a minimum of two weeks)
Keep up with Summer reading over the 11-week holiday!
At The Study Room, we believe that it is essential for children to be doing daily reading. Children who read throughout the 11-week holiday could see gains in an entire age level as opposed to a two-month decline in reading level. The Study Room is offering pre-summer reading assessments to determine a child’s reading level before the holiday with the option to purchase leveled readers and activities set at the child’s instructional level. Order needs to be in before 31st May 2017.
SIGN UP DEADLINE for all camps, programs, workshops and courses is June 15th 2017
Numicon mathematics, Rainbow reading and “6+1 Trait” writing